Shopping in Munich
Munich has various shopping areas to offer. The major shopping areas are the city centre, Schwabing, Maxvorstadt and Glockenbach.
The "Kaufinger Street" in the city centre between Marienplatz and Karlsplatz is the main shopping street with all kinds of shops such as H&M, Zara, Forever21, C&A, Pimkie, NewYorker and a lot more.
There are also shopping malls in the centre, for example the Stachus Passage which is located under the subtrain at Karlsplatz (Stachus) between the train station and the Marienplatz. The other two shopping malls are a little bit further away from the centre but can be easily reached by the metro: Riem Arcaden and Pasing Arcaden.
Munich also offer big stores such as: Galeria Kaufhof, Müller, Karstadt where you kind find many different things, such as clothing, books, supermarkets and even more.
Come visit also the fresh vegetable, fruit and meat market "Viktualienmarkt" close to the Marienplatz.
Munich offers also some cheap stores that sell everything for a really low price:
-1 Euro Shop
For furniture shopping we recommend you the following stores:
- Ikea: Heisenbergstraße 14, 85386 Eching-Ost
- Möbel Mahler: Hans-Urmiller-Ring 43, 82515 Wolfratshausen
- XXXLutz: Eichendorffstraße 40, 85609 Aschheim
- Poco Domäne: Birthälmer Str. 7, 81829 München
- Segmüller: Heimstettener Str. 10, 85599 Parsdorf
- Mömax: Euro Industriepark, Maria-Probst-Straße 18, 80939 München
- DEPOT: Tal 20, 80331 München
- Möbel Höffner: Ludwig-Koch-Straße 3, 81249 München
Opening hours of all shops are:
10am till 20pm from Monday till Saturday, the malls already open at 9.30am.
If you have any questions about any shopping tips or other doubts feel free to contact Happy Erasmus.